I haven’t blogged since before Cecilia’s birthday, over eight months ago. But I love these birthday posts, as a little memento of what the girls were like at different ages. And so, I am *finally* publishing Cecilia’s second birthday post, with favorite memories of her this past year, and birthday questions answered over the last eight months.
When Cecilia turned two, she was already talking a lot! Now, she speaks fluently, in complicated sentences, more than either of the other girls at this age! It is so exciting and astonishing to hear what she is thinking about, and to be able to communicate with her! One day in the car, she randomly came out with “when will my teeth fall out, like Gracie?” When she was two, I loved hearing her repeat “juuuice” and “Audi” (Aldi).
Around her birthday last year, once she stopped nursing, Cecilia started loving belly-buttons! First it was her own. She’d play with the little button in her belly. Then, she started reaching for Mommy and Daddy’s, sister’s, Boppa’s. Sometimes, it’s funny. Sometimes, it’s annoying. But one day my little girl will stop sucking her thumb and playing with belly buttons, and that will be sad too.
Cecilia is a snuggle bunny. She loves to be held, to be close to those she loves, to sit on their lap. Sometimes, she is very talkative, sometimes, she just sucks her thumb. She gives kisses, makes silly faces, and laughs a lot. When she says something funny and we laugh, she repeats the joke over and over and laughs hard herself, delighted that she has entertained us. Cecilia finds amusement and joy in every day things, like the flowers outside, a playground we’ve passed hundreds of times, the Geico gecko sign we see every day. She reminds me there is joy and goodness, if only I am looking for it.
I am so blessed to have this sweet, loving, beautiful daughter. You are my turkey and still my baby. I love you, Cece Anne.
Birthday questions (borrowed this from Rosie at A Blog for My Mom.)
1. What is your favorite color? Emmie 😀
2. What is your favorite toy? Ella (her cousin 😀 )
3. What is your favorite fruit? Vitamins
4. What is your favorite television show? Angelina Ballerina
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? yogurt
6. What is your favorite outfit? A dress
7. What is your favorite game? Daddy’s game (the Game of Life)
8. What is your favorite snack? Wabermelon (Watermelon)
9. What is your favorite animal? my doggie
10. What is your favorite song? Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
11. What is your favorite book? Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
12. Who is your best friend? Ella
13. What is your favorite cereal? granola
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play
15. What is your favorite drink? Tea
16. What is your favorite holiday? Having an ice-cream cone
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? my baby doll
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? “Me-meal” (oatmeal 🙂
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Donuts and pizza
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I’ll wear my Princess Sophia dress.
Bonus: What’s your favorite vacation place? Grandma and Grandpa’s house