I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
This past week has been exceedingly busy, as many of the school year activities began. There was also several feast days important to our family. For all these blessings, the happy and the difficult, I thank you, Lord Jesus:
- For the first day of home school co-op. I think the group will be a good fit for us. The girls all had fun and no separation anxiety, although they were so happy to see each other after being apart for four hours!
- For the first day at a women’s Scripture study at our new parish. I have never participated in a group study like this long term, and I am very excited. Also, there is free babysitting (!) and the girls were very good.
- I am very grateful for these new activities with socialization and separation for all of us. I think its a good thing for us girls to have a little time apart.
- September 8 we celebrated the Nativity of Mary, and I made a Bohemian poppy seed cake. This feast is my Marian Consecration anniversary. I think this year marked 18 years since my first consecration preparation, according to St. Louis de Montford. I am also very grateful for the new consecration preparation 33 Days to Morning Glory. The format is easier and in a way, more profound, as you read about the Marian teachings of St. Louis de Montfort, St. Maximilian Kolbe, St. Theresa of Calcutta, and St. John Paul the Great. Fittingly, we celebrated Mother Theresa’s feast day while I was reading about her Marian teachings.
- And I am very grateful for finding the writing of Mother Theresa. Her words have resonated with me in a profound way.
- I am thankful for my husband’s help this weekend to get the school room cleaned and ready for the first day of our home school.
- For the first day for Gracie and Theresa at Immaculata Academia, my name for our home school. This first day went remarkably well; mostly on schedule and very productive.
- Finally, I am grateful for my interview with a trained Called and Gifted interviewer, who helped me sort through my Spiritual Gifts Inventory and discern two charisms to explore further. I confess to a great deal of excitement over this discovery of my spiritual gifts. It’s like a “super power” to bring people to Christ! More on this, as several ideas take shape in my head….
- I was happy to spend more one on one time with Theresa on Saturday, while her big sister was visiting grandparents. Theresa and I explored the Farmers’ Market, had a snack at Chick-fil-A, chose florals at Michael’s and picked up a few things at Target. Theresa really seems to like these special dates; she talks more, and I think enjoys the attention. (I’m trying to forestall middle child complexes…)
- And thank you, Lord, for the little things. For a walk by myself today, for cold medicine and tissues (our well streak ended with the change of weather and contact with other people), for beautiful blue sky days with amazing, cool fall weather, for the chance to be home with my girls.
- I have also noticed the blessing of less stress since I quit my job, as I’m stress-eating and craving chocolate much less.
Lord, you pour blessings upon us. Please help me to be grateful and focus on these blessings, not on the many things that worry and trouble me. Amen.