Looking out my back window as I type and work.
1. The vegetables in our first raised garden bed are getting big and green. We’ve been harvesting the salad blend for a few weeks, and the snap peas, carrots and beets are growing bigger every day. I finally got my tomato plants in too, so they can start growing.
2. Our second garden bed was planted just last week. Already, a few bok choy shoots are coming up. Who knew they would sprout so fast?
4. Summer seems to have come early to Virginia. The sky is hazy, the air is humid and the breeze is warm and gently. Fine by me. I love the summer. If only we had a big pool….
5. Down at the edge of the lawn our ten baby chicks are enjoying the outdoors, and probably sleeping. They are much like human babies, in that they don’t do much but eat, poop, and sleep. But my daughter loves them, and its really funny to watch her chasing them.
6. The birds have been busy in the martin and bluebird houses. I took a quick look in a bluebird box, but couldn’t see any eggs. Maybe their still working on the nest.
7. Toys have been multiplying in the backyard, as we play outside more and more. Yesterday, my 10 month old climbed all the way up the little slide on the playset. Getting so big!
Linking up with This Ain’t the Lyceum for 7QT.